Boards are as diverse as the organizations they serve. However, there are a number of common challenges boards face including an evolving regulatory environment, increasing role complexity and rising demands for transparency and social responsibility. As the expectations of boards increase, so...
We approach executive search like your future depends on it – because it does.
Talent is the key to your organization’s long term success. But the risks and costs of hiring the wrong person – someone who misses opportunities or who fails to develop strong teams and partners to achieve results – are significant.
At KBRS, we start by building a deep understanding of your strategic objectives, culture, and technical requirements to ensure we attract the right fit for the desired results.
This approach has fueled our growth as the largest search firm and led to the successful attraction of more outstanding senior leaders to the region than any other firm.
What sets our executive search practice apart?
We understand leadership:
- Track record of success – We have successfully placed thousands of outstanding leaders since our inception in 1975; our record of experience is extensive. Recent independent surveys indicate that 97% of our Executive Search clients were completely satisfied with our work and would like to work with us again.
- Local insight – Our executive search team of 18 recruitment professionals, understand what attracts candidates to the regions we serve and how to ensure the best fit for leaders and employers alike.
- Partner-led approach – Our seven experienced search partners have extensive professional consulting and leadership experience. Our partner led approach ensures an experienced senior partner is hands-on through the entire search.
- Integrated leadership solutions – We are not simply a recruitment firm. We draw on our full array of expertise to create solutions that take into account your overriding leadership needs, from strategic planning to succession planning, and all points in between.
We enable great committee decisions:
- Skilled facilitators navigate critical conversations – Executive search assignments typically involve hiring committees and multiple stakeholders' input. Our experienced consultants facilitate critical conversations and support decision making throughout the process.
- Comprehensive due diligence and competitive intelligence - Many search firms follow well-worn paths in pursuit of candidates. While we tap the usual sources, that is only the beginning. We have one of the largest research teams in Canada, and our process ensures we conduct exhaustive research to identify the ideal candidates for your role.
- International reach - Through our partnership with Lee Hecht Harrison Knightsbridge and their affiliates at Amrop Knightsbridge, one of the world’s largest executive search networks, clients benefit from the collective expertise and connections of over hundreds of consultants operating in 76 offices in 49 countries with solutions tailored to local realities.
- Psychometric assessments to support decision making – Certified professionals apply and interpret psychometric assessments to provide insight into candidate strengths and styles to inform the selection process.
We are committed to long term success:
- Brand ambassadors – We act as your eyes, your ears and your voice in the marketplace. Our aim is to elevate your employer brand in each interaction.
- Post hire coaching and onboarding support - Through consultants and executive coaches we support the seamless integration of new executives so they can move quickly into critical roles.
Executive Search Process
Our process ensures the best candidate and the best fit.
- Build organizational knowledge - We partner to develop an understanding of your strategy and hiring goals, define the scope and develop the search strategy. We work with you to identify the position profile, selection criteria and key success factors. This involves formal stakeholder meetings and in-depth discussions with the hiring committee.
- Identify, source and attract - We develop materials, including an executive brief and ad program, to educate and attract high potential candidates. We then conduct customized research to uncover the very best talent. In addition to identifying candidates from our extensive national database, we conduct extensive primary research, and leverage the networks of our national and international partners to ensure we reach the broadest candidate pool possible.
- Evaluate and assess – Partner led, face-to-face candidate interviews help determine the relevance of experience, appropriateness of style, adaptability to culture and barriers to entry.
- Select - We work closely with you to facilitate your selection of finalists, provide formal psychometric assessments, conduct in-depth reference checks and support the negotiation process.
- Onboarding and follow up - In addition to coaching, we offer “First Hundred Days” support service to ensure smooth transitions into the organization, creating a platform for mutual success.
Like it or not, every company has a brand. In the traditional marketing sense, a brand is what differentiates one good, product or service from another. A name, design and reputation all shape a brand’s image and the public’s understanding of the value proposition. Similarly, employer brand is...