Senior Manager of Global Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
Imaginative and innovative, Pepper is challenging the way people think of finance. Offering a unique, diversified, global portfolio of financial services and providing specialist experience in core disciplines of Lending, Advisory and Asset Servicing, Pepper serves residential and commercial property sectors - as well as in consumer, auto and equipment finance. With offices located across Australia, Asia, Europe and now a shared service centre in Halifax, Pepper continues to drive operational excellence across process and service delivery. Headquartered in Sydney, Australia, Pepper is a global leader in alternative solutions and with over $52.4 billion in assets under management (as of December 31, 2016), comprising $7.0 billion in lending assets and a servicing portfolio of $45.4 billion.
The Pepper Shared Services centre is gearing up to provide services to their global group in 2018 and is located in the brand new Nova Centre in downtown Halifax. The team provides professional services to the rest of the Pepper organization in the areas of Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Risk Management and Marketing.
To support their growing operations, Pepper is hiring a Senior Manager of Global Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) to contribute to the development, maintenance, reporting and oversight of the Group’s Global Enterprise Risk Management Framework. Managing a small team of professionals, this is a pivotal leadership role that will act as a conduit between the local Business Units and the Core Group. This is an exciting role for an experienced and senior Risk Manager / Executive to bring fresh thinking to a rapidly growing business. Pepper’s ERM Framework consists primarily of Operational and Compliance Risk Management. The successful candidate will own the policy setting for the Group’s Core and Enhanced minimum standards under each of these areas, as well as working with the CRO and local Pepper Halifax Executives on ad hoc projects, as required.
As the Senior Manager of Global ERM you will be responsible for:
• Building, motivating, and mentoring a team of Risk Management professionals;
• Developing and cultivating key relationships with senior stakeholders within the Group to aid in the successful delivery of the Core and Enhanced Group Risk Policies, ERM Risk Appetite, the ERM Framework, and other Strategic Risk initiatives;
• Acting as the Company’s key ERM contact for global policies and guidelines and proposing any changes and amendments of such policies to the Group Chief Risk Officer;
• Overseeing a small project team which will be responsible for the deployment of the Global Risk Management System and ensuring Core minimum standards are met;
• Own the strategic roadmap for Pepper’s Global Risk Management systems – enhancements and reporting, requirements for each Pepper location are considered ensuring the enterprise agreement is fit for purpose;
• Working with the Group CRO and other Executives / Teams in risk management due diligence on potential acquisitions, greenfield projects, or other strategic projects;
• Work with Global Franchise Risk Management team (i.e. Market & Credit Risk Management) to oversee the delivery of selected initiatives.
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
• An undergraduate qualification – preferably in business, economics, or finance (a Master’s degree or industry qualification considered as a strong advantage);
• A good understanding of qualitative as well as quantitative experience – specifically when it comes to quantifying operational and compliance risk;
• Previous experience building an ERM framework for a global financial services organization is considered highly desirable and a strong asset for this role – developing and implementing policies is a must;
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in financial services, with at least half that experience being in Risk Management and working with offices in multiple geographic locations;
• Advanced proficiency in MS Excel considered an asset;
• Previous experience with business continuity and whistleblowing frameworks an asset;
• Previous experience working with Risk Management systems is desirable;
• A demonstrated track record in leading a small team is essential;
• Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills is a must in this role.
To express interest in this opportunity, please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” on the button below.
For more information contact James Bell, Partner 902-425-2363 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Knightsbridge Robertson Surrette is Atlantic Canada’s leading human capital consulting firm with over 40 years of experience in recruitment, career transition and human resource consulting.