Head of Global Market and Credit Risk Management
Imaginative and innovative, Pepper is challenging the way people think of finance. Offering a unique, diversified, global portfolio of financial services and providing specialist experience in core disciplines of Lending, Advisory and Asset Servicing, Pepper serves residential and commercial property sectors - as well as in consumer, auto and equipment finance. With offices located across Australia, Asia, Europe and now a shared service centre in Halifax, Pepper continues to drive operational excellence across process and service delivery. Headquartered in Sydney, Australia, Pepper is a global leader in alternative solutions and with over $52.4 billion in assets under management (as of December 31, 2016), comprising $7.0 billion in lending assets and a servicing portfolio of $45.4 billion.
The Pepper Shared Services centre is gearing up to provide services to their global group in 2018 and is located in the brand new Nova Centre in downtown Halifax. The team provides professional services to the rest of the Pepper organization in the areas of Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Risk Management and Marketing.
To support their growing operations, we are recruiting for a Head of Global Market and Credit Risk Management to contribute to the development, maintenance, reporting and oversight of the Group’s Credit & Market Risk Appetite and the wider Global Risk Management Framework. Managing a small team of professionals, this is a pivotal leadership role that will act as a conduit between the local Business Units and the Core Group.
As the Head of Global Market and Credit Risk Management you will be responsible for:
• Building, motivating and mentoring a team of Risk Management professionals.
• Develop and cultivate key relationships with senior stakeholders within the Group to aid in the successful delivery of the Group Risk Appetite, Framework and Strategic Risk initiatives.
• Prepare updates and presentations outlining possible risk mitigating strategies of pertinent Credit and Market Risks as they approach defined Risk Appetite thresholds.
• A substantial component of the role going forward will be strategic analysis of various businesses globally. This involves executive level initiatives where Global Risk Management works in concert with other functional and Business Units to deliver optimal solutions to maximize shareholder value.
• Update the Global Credit Risk Dashboard in preparation for Board and Executive Level Committees.
• Develop, monitor and update Global Market Risk Dashboard in preparation for Board and Executive Level Committees.
• Oversee the aggregation and reporting of Credit and Market Risk KRIs (Liquidity and Capital ratios etc.) for each local Business Unit within the Group.
• Work with Global Enterprise Risk Management team to oversee the delivery of selected initiatives.
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
• An undergraduate qualification from a leading University or Business school, with a specialization in Finance and/or Quantitative Finance would be essential
• A good understanding of corporate finance, accounting and statistics
• Post graduate qualification with a specialization in Finance and or relevant industry qualification (CFA, FRM) would be considered advantageous
• Minimum 7 + years experience in Treasury, Analytics, Credit or Market Risk from within the banking or financial services industry
• Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and financial modelling skills
• A demonstrated track record in leading a small team would an added advantage
• Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
To express interest in this opportunity, please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” on the button below.
For more information contact James Bell, Partner 902-425-2363 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Knightsbridge Robertson Surrette is Atlantic Canada’s leading human capital consulting firm with over 40 years of experience in recruitment, career transition and human resource consulting.